Enroll in a NAUI Advanced Diver Course to explore new dive sites and undertake exclusive activities under the supervision of a NAUI Instructor. This course allows individuals to learn about specialties and diving activities of particular interest. Your confidence and skill as a diver will increase while you experience the excitement of learning more about the underwater world.
During training, students complete a minimum of six open-water dives, including three separate dives for navigation, night or low visibility diving, and deep diving (130 feet/40 meters of maximum depth), plus three additional dives based on your individual preferences and available options.
Possible activities include:
- Search and recovery
- Boat diving
- Light salvage
- Hunting and collecting
- Exploration and underwater mapping
- Wreck diving (non-penetration)
- Observation and data collecting
- Diving in surf or currents
- Altitude diving
- Salt Water diving (in areas where most diving is in fresh water)
- Fresh water diving (in areas where most diving is in salt water)
- Shore diving
- Diving for photos and videos
- Using dive computers
The Advanced Scuba Diver course is for certified divers who desire additional training or orientation to a variety of diving sites and conditions. Divers must be a minimum of 15 years of age, in good health and must be previously certified as a NAUI Scuba Diver or equivalent.